NIST MML Materials Data Repository Terms of Serivce
- The NIST MML Materials Data Repository is a United States Government resource, and will only be used in support of the sharing and dissemination of scientific data.
- Data uploaded to this system are presented to users in as-provided condition. NIST makes no claims about the utility, veracity, or reliability of data on this system.
- Content uploaded to this server will be available to the general public, under suitable license terms selected by the provider. The server will advise downloaders of the license status of hosted content, but NIST takes no responsibility for license enforcement. This is the responsibility of the original data provider.
- Content that is part of invitation-only collections or communities will be protected by available technological mechanisms associated with the repository software. NIST does not guarantee that these protection mechanisms will prevent all forms of unauthorized access. Content requiring more stringent guarantees of protection should not be stored on this system.
- If data community administrators determine that content uploaded to this server does not contribute to the scientific data dissemination and discovery mission, which is the purpose of this server, the content may be removed without notice.
- While every effort is made to ensure the integrity of data deposited on the NIST MML Materials Data Repository, NIST does not guarantee data integrity on this system.
- Accounts are assigned to single users. Account holders may not share account credentials with others, or allow others to access their sessions, except system operators, who may require such access for maintenance purposes.
- A user who has submitting or administrative rights to the system and who abuses their authority, or has some change in status that disqualifies them for the role, can have their submitter or administrative rights revoked by NIST management.
- NIST may monitor system activities or view data uploaded to the server, and may disclose these activities or data for any lawful Government purpose.
- NIST remains committed to the operation of public data repositories. NIST may discontinue this service at any time in favor of superior options. Any anticipated discontinuation of service will be announced in advance.